Master bedroom is considered as a private sanctuary, that fact making decorating ideas for your bedroom is important, the good news is the idea is everywhere too.
Decorating a master bedroom is a real personal thing, as this bedroom is the very private area of your house. Although this is not a public area which everybody sees at your house, bedroom is where you spend most of your time, at least you will be sleeping and resting here for 8 hours per day. Imagine how important your master bedroom.
Maybe making big changes in you bedroom would seem like a huge thing, you may un-recognize your bedroom anymore, so just take step by step changes. This slow changes also giving you time to really create what you want in your bedroom, creating certain mood you want with the right color and the right furniture arrangement.
Just like other basic decorating ideas, the very first thing you see when you are entering a room is the wall color, so make sure you cover your bedroom with the right color tone, usually people like soft color that represent peace. But of course you also could apply a dark color if you like and adding some lights to create the ambiance.
You have to consider the theme color of your bedroom, as the rest of the decorating ideas would be affected by the color you choose. Imagine that you use soft color and then you also choose some furniture in a softer color, I think your master bedroom would looks pale, like no spirit inside, no focal point.
Talking about focal point, it is a good idea for you to put certain decorating as the focal point, it could be your headboard, simply you just need to choose an eye-catching headboard, where every head turn at when they are entering your master bedroom.
If you do not like headboard (I do not like headboard on my bed), you could add some interesting pictures as wall hanging, would be great.
Just remember, focal point is one point, if you add too many focal point, it may distracted to anybody entering your bedroom.
So here are the ideas in decorating your master bedroom:
- Choose the theme, could be romantic theme, Italian, modern, minimalist, etc.
- Choose the color tone, regarding to the master bedroom theme you choose.
- Make one focal point as point of interest for anybody entering your bedroom.
- Add extra decorating accessories for your bedroom, such as flower bouquet, standing lamp, but do not put too much things, as you do not want your bedroom to be too crowded with things.
- Looks for more ideas at the magazine, interior store, internet to be up date with what is going on, as sometimes you may need changes in your master bedroom.
In simple way, decorating master bedroom in about blending your personality into the room, master bedroom is very important area where you spend most of your time while you are resting, making decorating ideas for the room very important.