Every woman dreams of owning her own glamorous dressing room; her own personal space to pamper, preen and feel like a Hollywood icon.
The dressing room is not something many are fortunate enough to have in their homes as this room might be competing with a game room, home office or play room and would most likely lose out on the basis of practicality.
When starting to think about what is needed to transform your spare room into your beautiful dressing room, here are a few things to consider for your shopping list:
– Fitted cupboards would be the best option for storage but aren’t practical for all spaces so you may have to opt for a couple of well-structured, wooden free standing wardrobes. Doors are preferable to keep untidiness at bay.
– Shoe racks are an absolute necessity for any normal female. A shoe rack will ensure all your precious footwear it kept organised and neatly displayed. The other obvious benefit of this piece of storage system is you can see all your shoes very clearly (ideal for when you’re trying to choose your outfit in a hurry).
– You will need at least one chest of drawers in your dressing area to store small folded items such as t-shirts, socks and underwear. A beautiful touch to your chest of drawers is some perfumed lining paper; this will ensure your clothing stays smelling lovely.
– Another compulsory item of furniture for the perfect dressing room is a full length mirror. You can purchase these fairly inexpensively from any of the big DIY stores or you can search around for a more unique vintage piece to bring a bit of charm to the room. Decorate the mirror with necklaces and a scarf or two draped over the edges to add a touch of femininity.
– The most important piece of furniture in the dressing room will of course be the most important piece of furniture in the room and therefore needs to stand out. You can purchase a basic but pretty dressing table from all the known DIY stores for a reasonable price but if you want something a little more special with an edge, search online and trawl the vintage shops for a real unique piece.
To accessorize the dressing table, add a few beautiful touches: a decorative lamp (stained glass or go for ultra-feminine with crystals or feathers), a vintage hair brush and mirror set and some ornate perfume bottles along with some of your favourite pictures in delicate, feminine frames. The end result of this beautiful combination of items will be the perfect, elegant dressing table for a lady.